Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wait...What..How did that happen??

Here I am! Finally back to the blogger world. I have missed writing. I haven't been doing much with my weight loss so I guess I have been ignoring it not wanting everyone to know I have failed yet again. I have started over too many times to count so none of that this time, just some true talk about what has been going on in my life.

Well since August...I had been waiting for Amy to go back to school so I could start going tothe gym and looking for a job. Well the gym thing lasted about 2 seconds and I finally found a job last week and decided after 3 days that I missed being around whenever Amy needed me. I lasted 2 more days then I told them that I wasn't the right person for the job...there were other issues too but it's easier to say it was all me. To me it wasn't worth Amy being so tired because she was going to school at 7:30 and staying after until almost 5. She was so tired and cranky...and that just isn't my kid....she is usually so well behaved.

With all that said I interviewed today for a position more suited to me and near Amy. But I don't really care if I get it or not. I like having my own money but I really don't need to work. The only reason I don't just give in and stay home is that I feel like I could get the family medical insurance. My husband is self employed and its very expensive to buy here in Maine. I'm sure its alot other places but here there are so few companies that even sell it that even a policy that cover very little can cost 500 a month. If I get off my ass and lose weight a lot of the issues I'm worried about would go away.

With all that said...is it ok for a woman today to just say I like being a stay at home mom?? I think I like it now that I have been doing it for so long. I like the freedom I have, I like being able to be the class Mom for the day, and I like going to the grocery store in the middle of the morning while everyone else is at work. Who ever would have guessed?? I think I have plenty to keep me busy if I give into it and let it happen.

I weighed in last week 5lbs down from where I had been but all that means I'm in the same place I have been for about 2 years. I want to do something so maybe I have to start on fixing that part of my life instead of focusing on the job front for now. Who knows what might open up for me if I let this come into my life....stay tuned!

2 comments:

Karon said...

I think it's great that you can be a stay at home mom! I've been encouraging my youngest daughter to do the same thing, at least while her daughter is so young (19 mos) and her hubby is in the Marines and in Iraq. She needs her mommy. The weight thing is what it is. I hope you find peace with it and can get where you want to be. Take care!

Emily said...

If being a stay at home mom is something you enjoy, and you are able to do it, you should go for it. There is nothing wrong with that. Sorry the job didn't work out. Great job with the 5 pounds. Now push through it and you can get lower than that weight you've been seeing for 2 years. You can do it.