Sunday, January 06, 2008

Let's get this done!

Here it is Sunday night and I'm ready to start tomorrow with a bang! The cake is gone, the junk is in the trash and I'm ready to get this show on the road. Last week was a dry run so to speak...to get me use to the idea of doing this again. I actually gained a pound but I think that is for other reasons. I'm ready to move on and get out of my rut!

I went out with my step daughter this weekend! I really have to say that will be the last time more than likely! She drinks way too much and I end up being a babysitter because I don't feel comfortable just doing my thing. She doesn't know when to say no and she loses her brain when she drinks hard liquor. My mother instinct takes over and I stop drinking to keep an eye on her. I really need to either not go out or do it with my friends! The child actually threatened a guy I have know for 20+ years and told him to stay away or she would tell her father?? what the hell was that about..we were sitting 2 seats apart and chatting about the old days not swallowing each others tongues in a dark corner! Maybe I'm just too old to do that bar thing anyway!

I'm off until the 15Th and I have so many things l'd like to get done in that time. Hopefully I'll manage to get at least half of my list done. I'll be glad when I don't have to schedule everything I do. I plan on taking the summer off before I look for a job with my new degree unless something great comes along. I think it would be good for Amy and for me.

I'm getting a sitter tomorrow and having a mommy day! Nothing special but lunch with an old friend and a bit of shopping but I'm really looking forward to it for some reason. I'll be back to post about it tomorrow night! You are right Emily this really keeps me busy. I had forgotten how much I love being able to purge. I write it down on paper here but I end up leaving it out somewhere and Paul reads it.....never a good thing! lol

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Sherri! Sounds like you're focued. I hope it's going well. I also hope you had a great mommy day. We all need days for ourselves sometimes.

I swear the only reason I've been posting so much lately is to keep from putting food in my mouth!

Bob said...

So...how is it going? We need details. :)